Reform of paid educational leave: What will change?
04 July 2023
From the 2023-2024 academic year, the paid educational leave system in the Brussels Capital Region will evolve and modernise through many improvements.
Overview of the most important novelties:
- More advantageous entitlement to paid educational leave for beneficiary workers (increase in the ceiling on training hours and allowances);
- Improved access to paid educational leave for digital training (online with contact hours, hybrid, blended learning);
- Simplified entitlement to paid educational leave for part-time workers;
- Many higher education courses will be automatically recognised, including practical exams;
- Access to paid educational leave for all social promotion and middle-class training, including practical exams;
- A more inclusive right to paid educational leave, especially for people with disabilities;
- An indexed hourly rate of €22,07 for the reimbursement of paid educational leave to employers.
?Good to know: no existing entitlement will be lost by this new version of paid educational leave.Discover all the details (in French or Dutch)